Reception and Clerical Assistant
Hours : 8.45-3.45 each day
32.5hours a week. ( Scale 2 SCP 3-4 )
Term Time Only.
Immediate Supervisor: Office Manager; School Business Manager.
Main Purpose of Post: To provide clerical, secretarial support to the school ( including nursery) and undertake a range of administrative tasks and reception duties.
General administration support
Objectives of the Post
- General maintenance and administration of pupil files.
- Day to day maintenance of equipment including minor adjustments, cleaning and replenishing consumables.
- Process, distribute and respond to incoming and outgoing mail.
- Administer the ordering, purchase, distribution and stock control of school uniform and other goods.
- Assist in the administration of a number of accounts including School Fund.
- Receive and review invoices for payment;
- Assist in administering arrangements and collection of monies for fundraising, social events and school trips.
- Respond to alarms and support with fire evacuations as required.
- Assist pupils.
- Support the headteacher and SLT, and other staff as requested and appropriate .
- Produce reports from and keep SIMS and other systems up to date
- Dealing with all telephone enquiries both internal and external and placing external calls as requested.
- Receiving and host planned and unexpected visitors, answering their inquiries and directing them as appropriate.
- Maintain Visitors access through Inventry system.
- Dealing with non‑routine enquiries within set management guidelines.
- Process, place , receive and distribute orders on behalf of the school
- Preparation of documents by copying from statements, including manuscript.
- Audio/copy typing, taking notes and transcribing.
- Preparation of documents from material derived from a number of sources, tabulating and laying out of work using a text processor; duties will require simultaneous clerical work undertaken.
- Preparation of complex documents requiring specialist clerical knowledge/ use of technical terminology and particular care in layout.
- Originating letters in reply to routine and non‑routine enquiries, using own initiative, for signature for higher authority.
- Providing full secretarial support service to designated staff and multidisciplinary team attending meetings and taking verbatim minutes.
To view full job description please see relevant documents.