What does your child learn at school each day? Find information about our curriculum subjects here.
At Fort Royal, we provide a broad and balanced curriculum based on a thematic approach for all our pupils. We recognise that children learn and develop in different ways and have their learning styles. We value all areas of learning and development and understand that they are often interconnected. We also include advice from Speech Therapists, Physiotherapist and other specialist staff.
Our aim is for all children
- to develop confidence and enthusiasm for learning
- to become responsible citizens by appreciating the needs of others, taking responsibility for their behaviour and to be as independent as possible
- to develop effective communication skills
- To provide a structured, secure, caring and well-resourced learning environment: both inside and out which meets all the individual physical and developmental needs of the children.
- To create a partnership with parents to support and enhance the development of the children.
- To ensure that the school ethos of ‘Play, Learn, Laugh, Succeed’ is embedded within the curriculum and provision which is available to all children.