Job Title: Teacher
Contract Type: Full Time
- Having regard to the curriculum for the school, you will promote the development of the abilities of the pupils and the aptitudes of any class or group assigned to you by:
- Planning and preparing courses and lessons;
- Teaching, according to their educational needs, the pupils assigned to you, including the setting and marking of work to be carried out by the pupil in school and elsewhere;
- Assessing, recording and reporting on the development, progress and attainment of pupils.
- Promoting the general progress and well-being of individual pupils and of any classes or groups of pupils assigned to you;
- Providing guidance and advice to pupils on educational and social matters and on their further education and future careers / post-school options, including information about sources of more expert advice on specific questions, and producing relevant records and reports;
- Producing records and reports on the personal and social needs of pupils;
- Communicating and consulting with parents and carers;
- Communicating and co-operating with persons or agencies outside the school;
- Participating in meetings, as appropriate, to conduct all of the aspects outlined above.
Assessments and Reports:
- Providing or contributing to oral and written assessments, reports and references relating to individual pupils and groups of pupils;
- Participating in arrangements made in accordance with the regulations for Teacher Appraisal for the appraisal of your performance and, where relevant, that of other teachers and members of staff.
Continuous Professional Development and Review:
- Reviewing on a regular basis your methods of teaching and programmes of work;
- Participating in arrangements for your further training and professional development as a teacher including undertaking training and professional development activities which aim to meet any needs identified through performance management.