TA Grade 3 - Physical Management
Conditions of Service: NJC for Local Government Services
Full time, term time only (32 ½ hours)
Point Range: SCP 18 – 25
To support the ethos of the school and work collaboratively with the classroom teachers across school in their responsibility for the development and education of children, including those who have specific physical, emotional and educational needs and being fully involved in all stages of the assessment cycle for your specialist area.
OUTLINE RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
In addition to those outlined at Grades 1 and 2 and under the direction of the AHT:
- You will monitor the standards, delivery and skills of the TA workforce in your specialist area and plan to develop strengths and support weakness where appropriate.
- You will lead the delivery and assessment of your specialism to individuals and groups of children.
- On occasions, in exceptional circumstances, you may need to cover in classes in the absence of the teacher, up to a set threshold, which could be three days per half term without additional payment.
- You will have responsibility for leading a team to support communal area or curriculum activity, where appropriate linked to your specialist area. This will involve leading a small team of other Teaching Assistants, ordering /making resources, checking for risks etc, this will take place in directed time.
- If requested you will lead a lunch time club or provide lunch time supervision.
- If required you will attend meetings (if necessary contributing to a written report) concerning the pupil’s progress in your specialist area such as Annual reviews, CIN meeting etc.
- You will, under the direction of the AHT update interventions records, assessments and other records related to learning in your specialist area as requested.
To see the full job description and person specification please see relevant documents below.