TA Grade 3 Nursery Outreach
Conditions of Service: NJC for Local Government Services
Full time, term time only (35 hours)
Point Range: SCP 7-17
To take responsibility for the commissioned outreach case load offered to mainstream early years settings and work collaboratively with the Early Years Assistant Head teacher and nursery teacher for the development and education of children at Fort Royal Nursery. The working week will be split between spending time organising and delivering outreach, alongside a minimum of two days within the nursery assessment class.
OUTLINE RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
During outreach in mainstream settings
- Organise and manage the outreach case load, with support from the nursery administrator.
- Observe and work with any referred children in a variety of mainstream settings.
- Support a range of mainstream settings with target setting, next steps, strategies and planning to support the referred learner/s within their setting.
- Model best practice for a range of children with SEND within their mainstream setting.
- Liaise closely with a variety of professionals, including speech and language therapists, head teachers, schools SENDCo’s, Nursery staff and attend team around the child meetings.
- Feedback and meet with parents to discuss the children’s progress and next steps.
- Liaise with the pre-school forum on progress made by referred children.
- Deliver any appropriate training to the mainstream setting’s staff.
- Signpost mainstream setting’s staff to appropriate resources and support.
- Organise ‘in-reach’ for mainstream settings to come to Fort Royal nursery.
To see the full job description please see relevant documents below.