TA Grade 2
Conditions of Service:
NJC for Local Government Services
Term time only (32 ½ hours)
Point Range: 5-6
To support the ethos of the school and work supportively with the classroom teacher in their responsibility for the development and education of children, including those who have special physical, emotional and educational needs, by utilising detailed knowledge and specialist skills.
OUTLINE RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
In addition to those outlined at Grade 1 and under the direction of the Class Teacher or Lead Class Teaching Assistant:
- Have gained an appropriate level 2 qualification or equivalent and will be able through the performance management process demonstrate how you have been able to put this knowledge and learning into practice in the classroom and in relation to the appropriate professional standards for Teaching Assistants.
- You will support pupils with additional medical needs in your class and in the wider school community when required.
- Ensure medical records are up-to-date and oversee the day to day management of medicines in your class.
- You will have responsibility to ensure that all chairs, standers, beds and specialist equipment is cleaned regularly and in good working order. You will report any issues regarding specialist equipment to the non-class based physical grade 3 TA.
- You will also have responsibility for updating other class records such as those used for fire evacuation, manual handling and hazard risk assessments and other records related to class activities or individual pupils as directed by your class teacher when required.
- You will have responsibility for maintaining and organising classroom equipment and learning materials (including stock control and resourcing/ creation).
- You may (in exceptional circumstances) be required to cover for the teacher or Lead TA and take responsibility for the class for short periods of time.
To see the full job description please see relevant documents.