Job Title: Nursery Administrator
Salary Range: Scale 5
Responsible to: Business Manager
Hours: 37 hours per week, term-time only plus 15 days, 8.00 am to 4.00 pm – Monday to Friday (Friday 3.30pm finish) with a 30 minute lunch break. Attendance at evening meetings and events may be required.
Objectives of the Post: To support EYFS in order to provide effective Learning and Teaching by providing an excellent administrative service.
All staff in school will be expected to accept reasonable flexibility in working arrangements in pursuance of raising pupil achievement and effective team working. The jobholder is required to contribute and support the overall aims and ethos of the school. All staff are required to participate in training and other learning activities, in performance management and development in line with school policies and practices.
Main duties include:
- Full responsibility of the Nursery Education Funding system including applying for funding and monitoring
- Arrange meetings for internal and external stakeholders
- Contribute to the School Census
- Prepare files ready for pupil admissions including adding data to SIMS, and other appropriate data bases
- Advise and assist parents/carers with applications for free nursery transport
- Record and maintain transport for nursery pupils
- Liaise with Worcestershire County Councils transport department
- Maintain nursery diary and arrange meetings; take, distribute and action minutes
- Filing, archiving, photocopying, faxing etc. maintaining filing system
- Maintaining high standards when managing confidential information, complying with the school’s data protection procedures and legal requirements at all times.
- Providing admin support and advice to Nursery Stay and Play (1 full afternoon a week)
- Supporting nursery staff with the drop-off and collection of children (on the door)
- To support the whole school administrative function as required.
- Any other duties and tasks that are deemed to fall within the remit of the post.
- Supporting the Nursery outreach worker.
Please see relevant documents for more information