Hours: 07.30-09.30 Monday to Friday ( Plus cover for holidays and absence as required)
Salary Grade: Scale 3, £18,795- £19,171 pro rata per hours worked
Responsible to: Site Manager , School Business Manager, Headteacher
Purpose of the Job:
· To help maintain an attractive, welcoming, well cared for and clean school.
· To ensure that a clean, properly lighted and heated, safe environment is maintained, and to ensure that the welfare of staff and authorised school users is preserved.
· To ensure that a high level of security is maintained in order to protect the well being of students and staff and to safeguard the resources of the school.
· To monitor and contribute to the development and maintenance of the site and buildings and ensure the effective use of resources.
· To undertake routine safety checks of the school vehicles
· To undertake tasks in the absence of the Site Manager
· To open the school in the mornings ensuring that it is safe and operational at the start of the day.
· To work with colleagues to manage traffic and people entering and exiting the school site