Fort Royal School
Job description; Assistant Caretaker, Scale 3
Responsible To: Site Manager, School Business Manager (SBM), Headteacher
Responsible For: Grounds persons, Cleaning staff and contractors on site as directed by the Site Manager
Line Manager: Site manager, SBM, Headteacher
To assist the Site Manager in maintaining a clean, safe, welcoming environment and a high level of security of the school and premises.
Pupils, teachers, Site Manager, SBM, reception staff, cleaners, contractors, parents/carers.
Hours: 37 hours per week, all year round. Shifts to be covered between 7am and 6pm, with support for lettings and events at weekends and evenings to be agreed. Hours worked during school holidays to be agreed with Site Manager and SBM dependant on school needs.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- To ensure that a high level of security and safety is maintained of the building and grounds in order to protect the well being of students and staff and to safeguard the resources of the school.
- Ensuring all routes internal and external are clear and accessible in all conditions and at all times.
- To monitor and contribute to the development and maintenance of the site and buildings and ensure the effective use of resources.
- To be responsible for the security of the premises and its contents in the absence of the Site Manager.
- To act as key holder, attend call outs and be point of contact both inside and outside of normal working hours by agreement, and for the absence of the Site Manager liaising with Headteacher, Deputy Headteacher, SBM and Governors.
- To undertake routine safety and maintenance checks around the school including the vehicles.
- To comply with the Health and Safety at Work Regulations, taking reasonable care for the health and safety of all those affected by their work, and to ensure that Health and Safety responsibilities are followed.
- To ensure that contractors have effective systems in place to ensure that the health and safety of themselves, their employees and the staff and pupils and visitors of the school prior to the commencement of work on site utilising the school handbook and asbestos documents.
Please see relevant documents to read the rest of the job Description.