Job Description: Finance Officer
Salary Range: Scale 5
Responsible to: Business Manager
Contract: Permanent, term time plus 3 additional weeks includes teacher training days and working at the end of the financial year.
Hours: 37 hours per week, hours 8.00am to 4.00 pm – Monday to Friday (Friday 3.30pm finish) including a 30 minute lunch break. Attendance at evening meetings and events may be required.
Job Purpose: To manage the provision of whole school financial support services ensuring that these are conducted in accordance with all relevant and current guidelines.
Job Responsibilities and Tasks
- Have responsibility for the accurate processing, handling and security of cash, cheques and other financial resources.
- Provide detailed analysis and evaluation of data and produce detailed reports/information as required.
- Inputting standing information to Finance system, suppliers, and debtors.
- Processing of purchase orders and invoices, with required authorisation and payments, coding correctly.
- Preparing invoices for cheque run/BACS.
- Investigating and resolving supplier invoices under query arranging returns and ensuring that refunds or credit notes are received.
- Raising of contracts/invoices and managing administration of school lettings.
- Processing of all school income, in different means, and depositing accordingly.
- Maintaining a detailed record of pupil data and non-invoiced income relating to school trips. Provide support in organising School Trips.
- Managing and maintaining of petty cash.
- Responding to and resolving queries from external and internal stakeholders.
- Accepting deliveries and goods receipting.
- Assisting with maintenance of the Asset Register.
- Arranging audits of school accounts, creating a strategy to resolve any outcomes.
- Carry out housekeeping in E5 and payroll reconciliations.
- Assisting with end of year preparation and procedures.
- Be available as a procurement card holder and carry out all associated procedures.
- Maintaining records of financial reports as appropriate.
- Managing confidential information, complying with the school’s data protection procedures and legal requirements at all times.
Qualifications. Knowledge and Skills Required
- An appropriate qualification such as AAT.
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills.
- The ability to support staff/pupils and parents through fluent and accurately spoken English.
- Effective use of specialist ICT financial packages (such as E5).
- Full working knowledge of relevant policies/codes of practice /legislation.
- Ability to organise and plan independently.
- Ability to plan and develop systems.
- Ability to relate well to children and adults
- Work constructively as part of a team, understanding school roles and responsibilities and own position with these.
Please see relevant documents below to view the full job description.