School Business Manager Vacancy
JOB DESCRIPTION: School Business Manager
GRADE: PO3 £38,052-£40,858 pro rata
CONTRACT: Permanent, term time plus 4 additional weeks (42 weeks)
HOURS: Full Time – 37 hours per week, normal working hours would be 8am-4pm Monday to Thursday, 8am-3:30pm Friday
RESPONSIBLE TO: Headteacher and Governing Body
The SBM role is extensive and far reaching. Responsibilities extends to all areas of the school outside of teaching and learning in the classrooms, and includes human resources management for all staff.
The SBM is expected to proactively seek the support offered. This will include regular meetings and discussion with the headteacher, other members of the SLT and individual problem-solving and briefing sessions with members of the Governor’s finance/resources committee who have various relevant expertise and experience to offer and share when requested or offered.
The SBM leads a team of supportive colleagues in all areas of responsibility ( as seen in the diagram below) : admin, finance, IT, site, catering and personnel. The ability to delegate and share responsibility for many areas within this job description with these members of staff is also essential and expected.
The key areas of the role are:
- Part of the Leadership Team
- Human Resources and Personnel Management
- Financial management
- ICT infrastructure and technical team
- Premises and Facilities Management
- Health and Safety Management
- School Administration
- To line manage teams associated with these areas of responsibility
- To ensure the school is complaint with all relevant legislation and regulations
- The School Business Manager assists the Headteacher in his duty to ensure that the school meets its educational aims.
- The School Business Leader is responsible for providing professional leadership and management of all non-teaching areas of the school specifically in the areas of finance & accounting, human resources (HR) administration, premises & estates management and development, health & safety and information systems to enhance their effectiveness in order to achieve improved standards of learning and achievement in the school.
- The School Business Leader promotes the highest standards of business ethos within the finance, site and support functions of the school and strategically ensures the most effective use of resources in support of the school’s learning objectives.
To view the full job description please see the Business Manager Job Description file below.